Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, Partner
About Esther Zysset
Esther Zysset has been practising public law for over ten years. In particular, she advises public institutions, namely in the field of higher education and religious organisations. She also has broad experience in the telecom sector and the digital economy.
Before joining Public Sector Law as partner she worked both independently as a lawyer and as associate and trainee in international law firms in Geneva (Sidley Austin LLP, Lenz & Staehelin). She was also General Counsel of SWITCH in Zurich (2012-2016), where she was responsible amongst other things for administrative law, IT, data protection and telecommunications law. Her PhD thesis on the subject of administrative contracts between the State and private entities was awarded the Professor Walther Hug prize (2021).
She occasionally organises events and webinars on the topic of the digital State(in german).
- 2021 Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- 2019 PhD in Law, Basel
(summa cum laude, Professor Walther Hug Award 2021)
- 2011 Swiss bar admission, Geneva
- 2008 Bilingual MLaw (German/French), Fribourg
(with Erasmus semester at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid)
- German (mother tongue)
- English (mother tongue)
- French (full professional capacity)
- Spanish (excellent passive capacity)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member of the board of the Swiss Association for Ecclesiastical Law (Schweizerische Vereinigung für Evangelisches Kirchenrecht, SVEK)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Swiss Chamber of Commerce for Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Church Council of the reformed Parish of Lenzburg-Hendschiken, 2014-2018.
- Verfügen im verwaltungsrechtlichen Vertrag – wie es ist und wie es sein sollte, recht 01/2023, S. 40-51
- EU wappnet sich für Datenzeitalter, Die Volkswirtschaft, 12. Juli 2022
- EU plans guard rails for Google & Co.The National Economy / La vie économique, 23 December 2020
- Subsequent State Influence on the Administrative Law Contract with Private Parties - An Investigation in the Triangle: Legal Change-Property Guarantee-Trust Protection, Basel 2020.
- Exercising caution when processing personal data, SWITCH Stories, 26 November 2015
- Who is liable for the Swiss edu-ID?, SWITCH Stories, 3 November 2015
- Right to be forgotten and lifetime data retention, SWITCH Stories, 1 October 2015
- Cloud Computing im Hochschulbereich, digma 2014.1, pp. 14-19
- Wolkige Bestimmungen, SWITCH Journal, April 2013